Mission Statement

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tool #11

1. I can't say I have any favorites, but my kids liked to make movies on Stupeflix. It offered me a good way to see their work in a non traditional way. After learning about an American hero, the students created a movie showing the accomplishments of this hero. With the limit on text, the students needed to give specific facts and have a picture that matched their statement. They learned to be concise and identify only important information.
2. To be honest my classroom is now a disaster. Planning is incredibly time consuming and I am still concerned about skills children need not being taught. After years of being a successful teacher, I feel I am a novice again-only this time I am married with kids and so my time and energy are at a premium.
3.I learned a lot about many good things but I am left with thoughts of confusion. I am pulled in directions-global learning, passing reading benchmarks, STAAR, Stanford, good thinking skills, etc.
Hopefully this anxiety will dissipate over time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tori, I love your VOKI...I have to visit with it every time I sign on to your blog! Messy room? Not to worry...a sign of many curious minds multi-tasking!