Mission Statement

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tool#3

Today I have discovered, according to the website on copyright, as long as I link the movie we watch during indoor recess to something curricular I am golden...or in my case purring along beautifully. Look out all- Jungle Book ties in with our study of India!! Meow!!!
I found Discovery Education to be the best option for me. I found a butterfly life cycle for science,http://player.discoveryeducation.com/index.cfm?guidAssetId=13771041-3E54-4F16-97C0-75EF5B01885D and one on Christopher Columbus for social studies,http://player.discoveryeducation.com/index.cfm?guidAssetId=7D069882-F8C5-48BF-A17B-A4E9850CA6B9.
The challenge I have is finding information appropriate for 2nd graders. Teacher Tube and You Tube did not work well for me. I did not find anything I could honestly say was better than the book.
Well DropBox ( not the kitty litter box type) seems to be a great place to post homework documents (not math though because that would be against copyright laws). As I now have a pen from Livescribe, I could post the videos I make during instruction for those who are absent. How is this different than Google Doc?
This tool was purrfectly wonderful. sjj :)

No comments: